Distance from Arusha to Serengeti is not a long one depending on the means of transport that you decide to use. In Tanzania we have the Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA) located between Kilimanjaro and Arusha regions. In this airport different flights from different parts of the world land and guests are met by a representative from a particular company that they are booked with or hotels transport such as Kia transport and transferred to either hotels available near the airport such as Kia lodge, Airport planet lodge or any hotel of their choice that they booked. If the flight land late evening that you can not continue with the journey, you can also have overnight to hotels in Arusha which is about two hours’ drive from KIA. Such hotels can be River trees country Inn hotel, Ilboru hotel, Arusha coffee lodge, Mount Meru game lodge hotel, Lake duluti lodge or any other hotel of your choice that you booked with a particular tour company.
If the flight lands early in the morning about 0550hours, you can have breakfast at the lodge and use the rest of the time for leisure at your lodge, otherwise you can do a park visit to Arusha national park and hiking on the foot of Mount Meru hotel found in Arusha region. You can also do a city tour and visit one of our cultural heritage in Arusha then later return to the lodge for overnight. You can also proceed with your journey to Lake Manyara for a morning or afternoon game drive on the same day as the flight arrive earlier depends on your choice and your itinerary.
THE DISTANCE FROM ARUSHA TO SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
The distance from Arusha to Serengeti can be covered by different means of transport such as cars by road on land transport and flights on air. Every means of transport used, has different travelling distance from Arusha to Serengeti.
When departing to embark on the distance from Arusha to Serengeti, you pass through the Masai steppe filled with many picturesque African villages as well as maize, coffee and banana plantations. At the town of Makuyuni turn northwest and then you continue with the journey through a scenic escarpment that brings you to your lodge perched on the edge of Rift Valley with stunning views over the distant Lake Manyara, where you will stay for an overnight at Lake Manyara kilimamoja lodge, Oremiti Lodge, Rift Valley lodge, Manyara wildlife safari camp or Escarpment lodge and many other lodges found in Manyara. The following day you leave lake Manyara behind, the journey continues northwest across the stunning hilly countryside of the highlands which is filled with wheat and coffee plantations, and then into the Ngorongoro conservation area. Here lies the vast plains of Serengeti, where you begin spotting wildlife as you approach the entrance gate complete the formalities and enter the park with game viewing en route. Upon arriving Serengeti national park, you can be accommodated to various accommodation found within the park and even around the park such as Serengeti Simba, Serengeti, sopa lodge, Lahia tented lodge, Kati Kati tented camp or Kubu Kubu depending on the part of Serengeti and where one prefers to do the game drive, yet, it also depends on the areas where animals can easily be seen for example if it is during wildebeest migration like May people at Serengeti central can easily see the beasts heads. Hence most of the tourists who wish to see the beasts will book accommodations available in the Central Serengeti.
- Game drive at Serengeti National Park can be done from different parts of the park such as the northern part which is divided into two areas (Lobo area and Kogatende area), Western area and central Serengeti.
- The distance from Arusha to Serengeti central by road is estimated five (5) hours and it is 350kilometers from Arusha.
- The distance from Arusha to western Serengeti is 460kilometers and approximately five (5) hours
- The distance from Arusha to Northern Serengeti (lobo area) by road is approximately seven (7) hours
- The distance from Arusha to Northern Serengeti (Kogatende area) by road is almost eight (8) hours
Apart from reaching Serengeti National park by driving, you can also fly from Arusha to Serengeti landing to different airstrips in Serengeti like Seronera airstrip if one needs to go to Serengeti national park central area or to Lobo airstrip and Kogatende airstrip for the person who would like to do a game drive at Serengeti national park in northern area, for Western part of Serengeti National park Lamai airstrip can be used and Sasakwa airstrip.
- Different flights operate to cover the distance from Arusha to Serengeti national park such as Flight link, Auric Air, Regional Air, Air Excel, Precision Air, and Coastal air. These flights can also fly to different airstrips and airports such as from Serengeti to Arusha airport, Kilimanjaro airport, Moshi Airstrip, Dar es salaam airport and Dolly airstrip, Mtemere airstrip, Stieglers airstrip, Ruaha airstrip, Siwandu airstrip, and Jongomero airstrip depending on where a guest choice.