14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari
14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari is one of the top East Africa Safari Packages that any traveler can engage in when they decide to explore the wildlife beauty in Uganda, Rwanda & Tanzania. You will explore the vast lands of Tanzania which have a large number of wildlife species and a scenic view of the landscape which is rewarding. In Rwanda the land of 1000 hills, you will experience the amazing Akagera which is a well-drained national park that supports the park’s wildlife to exist within its undulating scenic hills and valleys. When you visit the pearl of Africa, Uganda, you will be surprised by the amazing sights and sounds of the 2 biggest national parks in the country with amazing water bodies for boat cruises, waterfalls, and a lot of wildlife in the parks and along the banks of the rivers and lakes.
Highlights of the 14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Arusha to Lake Manyara
- Day 2: Manyara to Serengeti
- Day 3: Full day Serengeti
- Day 4: Serengeti to Ngorongoro
- Day 5: Ngorongoro to Tarangire
- Day 6: Transfer to Arusha and flight to Rwanda
- Day 7: City tour in Kigali and transfer to Akagera national park
- Day 8: full day Akagera national park
- Day 9: Transfer to Bunyonyi
- Day 10: Explore Bunyonyi
- Day 11: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 12: Game drive and boat cruise
- Day 13: Transfer to Mburo and boat cruise
- Day 14: Game drive and transfer to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer from Arusha to Lake Manyara
- Transfer from Arusha to Lake Manyara: On day 1 of the 14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari, you will be met by your guide who will welcome you and brief you about the details of your safari. After briefing, you will be driven to Lake Manyara national park where you will enjoy seeing Lake Manyara which is a shallow soda lake located in the foothills of the rift valleys western escarpment.
- Afternoon Game Drive: In the afternoon you will have a game drive within the park and see different animals such as elephants, zebras, buffalos, waterbucks, hartebeests, antelopes, hyenas as well as bird species such as the colorful flamingos. After the game drive, you will proceed to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Eileen’s tree inn.
Day 2: Manyara to Serengeti
- Morning Game Drive: Wake up early and have breakfast before you head for another game viewing activity in Lake Manyara national park where you will see many tree climbing lions as well as other animal species such as wildebeest, waterbucks, hartebeest, zebras, antelopes, leopards, elephants, buffalos, hyenas, giraffes, jackals and many others. Lunch will be served in Lake Manyara national park as you enjoy the beautiful scenery in the open savannah plains while watching wildlife species grazing and hunting.
- Transfer to Serengeti: After the game drive, you will proceed to Serengeti national park for dinner and overnight at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Camp.
Day 3: Full day Serengeti
- Full Day Serengeti: Wake Up early morning and have breakfast and later meet up with the guides who will choose the most amazing wildlife viewing spots in the park for you to explore the amazing wildlife. You will spend time at the Hippo pool watching these majestic animals laze about in the cool water happily living alongside the crocodiles, watch a big pride of lions, be in the middle of the migration, sometimes surrounded by wildebeest, sometimes by zebras, which travel with the wildebeest. You will see the amazing volcanic formed Kopjes which are Rocks that shelter many wildlife species as you explore the vast grasslands of Serengeti. You will enjoy sights of elephants, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, lions and it you are lucky the elusive leopard and cheetah. Birds are in plenty and get ready to view the amazing Kori Bustard, Ostriches and many other bird species. After the experience head to the lodges have dinner, refresh and take a nap as you prepare for the next day’s activities i.e. at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Camp.
Day 4: Serengeti to Ngorongoro
- Transfer to Ngorongoro: O the 4th day of your 14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari, wake up early and have breakfast and proceed to the Crater area of Ngorongoro for an amazing wildlife game viewing experience. Have lunch on arrival and then descend into the crater area 600 meters.
- Ngorongoro Crater Experience: You will have your half day safari experience in this place as you experience the surroundings of Ngorongoro. Ngorongoro crater is one of the few places where animals live hand in hand with human beings and is supported by a good drainage system which provide water for animals to survive. You will have a chance to view the Big 5 wildlife mammals i.e. Buffaloes, rhinos, Lions, Elephants and leopards. Other wildlife species common include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park, is it dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. You will proceed for Dinner and overnight at Hhando coffee lodge.
Day 5: Ngorongoro to Tarangire
- Transfer to Tarangire: Wake up early have breakfast on day 5 of the 14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari, and later enjoy an enroute safari game drive as you proceed to Tarangire National Park. Tarangire national park is one of the premium safari destinations in Tanzania with the amazing wildlife species.
- Game Drive in Tarangire: On arrival in Tarangire, you will have lunch and head for the game viewing experience in the park premises as you see a variety of wildlife species like the tree climbing lions, leopards, cheetahs, rhinos, giraffes, zebras, hartebeest, wildebeest, elands, impalas and many bird species. You will also enjoy beautiful views of the baobab and acacia trees where the wildlife species take shelter. You will proceed for dinner and overnight at Tulia boutique hotel and spa.
Day 6: Transfer to Arusha and flight to Rwanda
- Flight to Rwanda: Have early morning breakfast and prepare for your flight to Kigali-Rwanda. Transfer to Arusha and catch the flight on time using the continental aviation. On arrival in Rwanda, our guide will pick you up and warmly welcome you and he briefs you about the next few days in Rwanda the land of 1000 hills. After the briefing, you will be transfered to your hotel, i.e. des Mille Collines Hotel. Here you will have dinner and an Overnight stay.
Day 7: City tour in Kigali and transfer to Akagera national park
- Kigali City Tour: Wake up early for the Kigali City tour experience and have breakfast before you set out into the City. On your Kigali City tour experience, you will visit the Rwanda Kigali Genocide Memorial Grounds, Kimironko market, and other surrounding areas.
- Transfer to Akagera: After the City tour you will travel to Akagera National Park of Rwanda with is the only savannah grassland national park in the country. Akagera National Park boast in having the big 5 wildlife mammals in Rwanda i.e. the Lions, Buffaloes, Elephants, Leopards and the Rhinos which are being re-introduced. On reaching Akagera, you will proceed to check in at your hotel for Dinner and an overnight stay at Akagera game lodge.
Day 8: Full day Akagera national park
- Full-Day Akagera Experience: On this 8th day of the East African Safari, have breakfast at your hotel as you prepare for a full day of exploring Akagera national park. You will have a game drive where you will see different wildlife species. After your morning game drive, you will return to your hotel for lunch.
- Boat Cruise: You will have a relaxing time at your hotel and later embark on the afternoon boat cruise on Lake Ihema where you will see the wildlife species like hippopotamuses, Crocodiles and many bird species that live around the lake and the surrounding swamps. Dinner and overnight at Akagera Game Lodge.
Day 9: Transfer to Bunyonyi
- Transfer to Bunyonyi: You will have breakfast at your hotel, you will check out of your hotel. After checking out of your hotel, you will be driven to the Katuna border to cross to Uganda where your Uganda Safari Tours begin. You will have a stop in Kabale where you will have lunch as you enjoy the beautiful scenery around you. After lunch, you will continue to your hotel near Lake Bunyonyi for dinner and overnight at Arcadia cottages Bunyonyi.
Day 10: Explore Bunyonyi
- Explore Bunyonyi: You will have an early morning breakfast at your lodge as you prepare for your morning boat cruise on Lake Bunyonyi. You will enjoy the beautiful scenery such as beautiful terraces, islands like the punishment island where unmarried pregnant girls were left on this island as punishment. You will also enjoy relaxing along the shores and other activities such as swimming since this lake is safe for tourists and the local communities. After swimming, you will have lunch and then proceed for a community walk later on in the day.
- Batwa Experience: During the community walk, you will interact with the batwa people who are known for being forest dwellers in the Bwindi forest and you will learn about their culture, watch traditional dance performances, see local arts and crafts and listen to traditional melodies and more cultural aspects. You will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Arcadia cottages.
Day 11: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: You will have breakfast at your hotel and then check out of the hotel. You will then proceed for a drive to Queen Elizabeth national park via the ishasha sector. Passing here means you will be able to see the amazing tree-climbing lions. You will have enroute lunch in ishasha and then continue to your hotel for dinner and overnight at Park view safari lodge.
Day 12: Game drive and boat cruise
- Game drive: You will wake up for an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will move with your packed lunches as you go for your early morning game drive. During the game drive, you will drive through Queen Elizabeth national park where you will see the tree-climbing lions in the Ishasha sector.
- Boat Cruise Experience: After your game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park , you will have lunch at the lodges and relax as you wait for the boat cruise at 2 pm. You will be driven on the Kazinga Channel as you enjoy viewing different wildlife species on the shores of the river. Some of the most interesting wildlife species include elephants, crocodiles, hippos, buffalos and many other bird species which give you an amazing experience in the park. Take photos and enjoy the moment. After the boat cruise, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Park view safari lodge.
Day 13: Transfer to Mburo and boat cruise
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: On the second last day of the 14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari, you will wake up early have breakfast and check out of the hotel. Embark on your journey through the park to Lake Mburo National Park and have a stopover in Mbarara where you will have some lunch. After lunch enter the park and check in to your hotel as you prepare for the afternoon boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: Head for your boat cruise on Lake Mburo where you will get to enjoy viewing amazing wildlife species along the shores of the lake including hippos, antelopes and Nile crocodiles along the shores and bird species such as kingfishers, herons, pelicans. After the boat ride, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Arcadia Mburo lodge.
Day 14: Game Drive and transfer to Kampala
- Game Drive: Wake up early, have breakfast at the lodge and check out. Have an early morning breakfast as you head out of the park. You will see animals like the elands, buffaloes, zebras, antelopes, topis and a variety of bird species. You will also enjoy the views of the woodlands and the wilderness.
- After the game drive, head out of the park and proceed to Kampala for your drop off either in the City of in Entebbe International Airport for your next flight.
End of the 14 Days Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda Safari
- Park entrance fees
- Boat cruise fees
- Vehicle entrance fees
- All accommodation as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Full-time English speaking driver/ guide
- Bottled mineral water while on safari
- All meals at the lodge-breakfast-lunch-dinner
- Flight from Arusha to Rwanda
- Personal Taxes.
- Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
- International flights.
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary
See also 7 Days Kenya Tanzania Safari