14 Days Tanzania Uganda & Rwanda Safari Tour
14 Days Tanzania Uganda & Rwanda Safari Tour is a 2 weeks safari package that travelers engage in when they want to tour the best of East Africa including countries like Uganda, Rwanda, and Tanzania.
Highlights of the 14 Days Tanzania Uganda & Rwanda Safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Arusha to Lake Manyara
- Day 2: Manyara to Serengeti
- Day 3: Full day Serengeti
- Day 4: Serengeti to Ngorongoro
- Day 5: Ngorongoro to Tarangire
- Day 6: Transfer to Arusha and flight to Uganda
- Day 7: Drive to Queen and evening boat cruise
- Day 8: Transfer to Bwindi national park
- Day 9: Gorilla trekking and transfer to Rwanda
- Day 10: Golden monkey trekking in volcanoes and iby’iwacu
- Day 11: Dian Fossey and transfer to Nyungwe
- Day 12: Chimpanzees and canopy
- Day 13: Cultural encounters and nature walks
- Day 14: City tour and departure
Day 1: Transfer from Arusha to Lake Manyara
- Transfer from Arusha to Lake Manyara: You will be met by your guide who will welcome you and brief you about the details of your 4 days’ safari. After the briefing, you will be driven to Lake Manyara national park where you will enjoy seeing Lake Manyara which is a shallow soda lake located in the foothills of the rift valleys western escarpment. You will enjoy an afternoon game drive within the national park and see different wildlife species such as elephants, zebras, buffalos, waterbucks, hartebeests, antelopes, hyenas as well as bird species such as the colorful flamingos. After the game drive, you will proceed to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Eileen’s tree inn.
Day 2: Manyara to Serengeti
- Game Drive: You will have an early breakfast at your lodge ahead of another game viewing activity in Lake Manyara national park where you will see many tree-climbing lions as well as other wildlife species such as wildebeest, waterbucks, hartebeest, zebras, antelopes, leopards, elephants, buffalos, hyenas, giraffes, jackals, and many others. You will have lunch in Lake Manyara national park as you enjoy the beautiful scenery in the open savannah plains while watching wildlife species grazing and hunting.
- Transfer to Serengeti: After the game drive, you will proceed to Serengeti national park for dinner and overnight at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Camp.
Day 3: Full day Serengeti Tour
- Full day Serengeti: You will have a full day in this wonderful park after an early breakfast at your lodge, rising early to make the most of our time. Our guides will choose the best spotting locations for the time of year; we can spend time at the Hippo pool watching these majestic animals laze about in the cool water happily living alongside the crocodiles, watch a big pride of lions, be in the middle of the migration, sometimes surrounded by wildebeest, sometimes by zebras, which travel with the wildebeest. You will journey from the wide-open plains to the kopjes: these volcanic rocky outcrops provide protection and shelter for a wide variety of animals and from the top, we can look out across the vast grasslands of the Serengeti. This diverse and interesting landscape will provide us with the ultimate in game viewing, we will hopefully see all of the plain games; elephants, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, lions and if you are lucky the elusive leopard and cheetah, as well as huge amounts of interesting birdlife, from the elegant secretary birds to the flightless ostrich. We return to our special tented camp for the night at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Camp.
Day 4: Serengeti to Ngorongoro
- Transfer to Ngorongoro: You will have an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will proceed to the Ngorongoro conservation area for a wildlife viewing experience. You will have lunch at the lodge and after lunch, we will descend over 600 meters into the crater to view wildlife for a half-day safari tour. Supported by a year-round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro National Park supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park is it a dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs, and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. You will proceed for Dinner and overnight at Hhando coffee lodge.
Day 5: Ngorongoro to Tarangire
- Game Drive & Transfer to Tarangire: You will have an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will have an enroute game drive and proceed to Tarangire national park where you will see a variety of wildlife species such as tree-climbing lions, leopards, cheetahs, rhinos, giraffes, zebras, hartebeest, wildebeest, elands, impalas and many bird species. You will also enjoy beautiful views of the baobab and acacia trees where the wildlife species take shelter. You will proceed for dinner and overnight at Eileen’s Tree Inn.
Day 6: Transfer to Arusha and flight to Uganda
- Transfer to Arusha & Flight to Uganda: You will have an early breakfast at your lodge ahead of your flight. After breakfast, your guide will drive you to the airport for your flight to Entebbe International airport in Uganda. On arrival in Uganda, you will be met by your guide who will welcome you and brief you about your trip. You will proceed to your hotel in Entebbe for dinner and overnight at 2 friend’s hotel.
Day 7: Drive to Kibale National Park
- Drive to Queen and evening boat cruise: You will wake up for an early breakfast at your lodge as you prepare for chimpanzee tracking. After breakfast, you will be driven to the Kyambura forest where you will begin your chimpanzee tracking activity. On arrival at the park headquarters, you will be briefed about the chimpanzee tracking activity. After the briefing, you will trek into the forest as you search for the chimpanzees in their natural habitat. During this activity, you will also see a variety of birds and tree species as well as many butterflies and primates such as the black and white colobus monkeys, vervet monkeys, red tailed monkeys.
You will return to your lodge after chimpanzee tracking as you prepare for your next activity. Your guide will drive you from your lodge to the Kazinga channel where you will see numerous hippos swimming in the channel and moving along the water shores. Other wildlife species which can be seen in the grassland thickets in the northern part of this channel include lions, Uganda kobs, buffaloes, elephants, antelopes, the Nile crocodile, waterbucks, leopards among others.
You will be driven back to your lodge after the evening boat ride for dinner and overnight at Park view safari lodge.
Day 8; Transfer to Bwindi national park
Enjoy morning breakfast and transfer to Bwindi national park driving through the famous Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth national park where you may spot some game including tree climbing lions. Proceed to Bwindi with lunch en-route arriving in the evening. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Haven Lodge.
Day 9; Gorilla trekking and transfer to Rwanda
You will enjoy early morning breakfast and transfer to the park headquarters with your packed lunch and bottled drinking water for briefing by the park ranger guides at 7:00am. After briefing, you will start your gorilla trekking journey accompanied by the ranger guides in search of the mountain gorillas; this takes 2 to 8 hours depending on the movement of the gorillas.
After the trek, you will enjoy your lunch packs and transfer to Musanze through Cyanika boarder arriving in the evening. Dinner and overnight at Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge/ Hotel Muhabura.
Day 10; Golden monkey trekking in volcanoes and iby wacu
Breakfast will be served early and drive back to the park headquarters for briefing and Golden Monkey trekking. The procedure is the same as Gorilla trekking but lasts only 3 to 5 hours. You will proceed for a cultural visit to Iby’ wacu and also for lunch and then return to the lodge and to freshen up at Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge/ Hotel Muhabura.
Day 11; Dian Fossey and transfer to Nyungwe
Breakfast will be served early and drive back to the park headquarters for briefing and go for Dian Fossey trekking to Karisoke. The trek is challenging and lasts 6 to 7 hours. After the Dian Fossey experience, you will proceed to Nyungwe national park for dinner and overnight at Nyungwe Top Hill View Hotel.
Day 12; Chimpanzees and canopy
Enjoy breakfast and go for briefing about the endangered chimpanzees before entering the forest in search of the active and playful fellows in Nyungwe forest. The Chimpanzees are much easier to spot as they jump from one tree to another, chattering and laughing. Chimpanzee tracking usually takes about 3 hours. On finding them, spend an hour while taking pictures and videos. You will then return to your accommodation for lunch.
After lunch, you will go on a walking trail that will take you to the Canopy Walk-a swing bridge 50 meters in length that is suspended from large trees. You will be able to see the amazing rainforest with a bird’s eye view, spotting wildlife moving about below you. Before night fall, you will return to the lodge for dinner at Nyungwe Top Hill View Hotel.
Day 13; Cultural encounters and nature walks
After having breakfast, you will embark on the forest Nature walk with in the park which will enable you to explore the Park’s unique tourist features including waterfalls and orchids in the high altitude swamps. Return to the lodge for lunch and spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing or Participate in the tea harvesting in the neighboring local communities or Visit a tea factory and learn about the production processes (optional). You will return for dinner and overnight at Nyungwe Top Hill View Hotel.
Day 14; City tour and departure
You will have an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will drive into Kigali city where you will embark on a city tour visiting the Kimironko market and the Gisozi genocide memorial site. After your brief city tour, you will be dropped at your preferred location in Kigali which will mark the end of your trip.