Budget Safari in Serengeti
Budget Safari in Serengeti is one of the Tanzania tour packages that a traveler can engage in when they are searching for a cheap and affordable tour. Serengeti national park is among the popular tourist destinations which is located in the northern part of Tanzania. Traveling to Serengeti national park for a safari is among the memorable wildlife viewing experiences and to explore the open plains of this national park.
Among the aspects to consider when planning a safari to Serengeti national park is the budget for the safari. This determines major aspects of the safari such as the type of accommodation, mode of transport, activities for the safari among others.
Serengeti national park is characterized by open grasslands, vast savannah plains, kopjes, woodlands, forests. Kopjes are granite outcrops which act as lookout points for predators such as lions, leopards, cheetahs as they watch their prey grazing in the open plains of the national park.
Ways of reducing the budget during a safari to Serengeti national park;
Some of the ways to experience a budget safari in Serengeti national park include joining a group for a safari, choosing budget accommodation, visiting the national park during the low season, self-drives in the national park among others.
- During safaris to any destination such as Serengeti national park in Tanzania, a tourist can opt for a group safari which is cost-efficient since the number of people is more and still get a chance to experience the different attractions and engage in a variety of activities at the destination.
- There are different categories of accommodations available for tourists visiting Serengeti national park and one can choose the budget type of accommodation to reduce the budget for their safari to this destination.
- The low season in Serengeti national park is a favorable time to visit this destination since the prices are reduced compared to other seasons which include the peak season and the high season.
- Some of the packages to Serengeti national park are discounted and this provides a good opportunity for a tourist traveling on a budget to also get a chance to explore the open plains of this national park and to see its different attractions.
- Using road transport instead of air transport during the safari is another way of reducing the budget of a trip to Serengeti national park. road transport also gives a good opportunity to see the beautiful scenery and experience the way of life of the local communities around the destination.
Activities in Serengeti national park include the following;
- Game drives in Serengeti national park are among the famous destinations with amazing wildlife viewing experiences. There are different game drives that take place at this national park and they include morning game drives, evening game drives, and full-day game drives. Wildlife species are very active during the morning and are easy to spot during morning game drives. Full day game drives offer rewarding wildlife viewing experiences since tourists can observe the behavior of the wildlife at different times of day as they explore the plains of the national park. some of the wildlife species which can be seen during game drives include the big five which includes elephants, lions, leopards, rhinos, buffalos. Other wildlife species include giraffe, zebras, impalas, topi, hippos, warthogs, kudu, hyenas among others. A variety of bird species can also be seen during safaris at this destination and they include both migratory and native bird species such as grey breasted spurfowl, kori bustard, herons, weavers, barbets, robins, shrikes, yellow throated sandgrouse among others.
- Nature walks in Serengeti national park provide a unique experience for the tourists during their safari as they explore the open plains of the national park on foot as they enjoy the beautiful scenery around them. This experience is carried out in the presence of an armed ranger and a guide.
- Community tours involve interaction between the tourists and the local community. During these interactions, tourists get to know more about the way of life of the Maasai people who live in the surrounding areas of the national park. tourists get to know about the traditional arts and crafts of the Maasai, local jewelry such as beaded necklaces, earrings, bangles, anklets. The traditional dance of the Maasai people is another activity that tourists get to witness during their cultural interactions.
- Hot air balloon safaris provide a unique way of watching the beautiful scenery of Serengeti national park from an aerial view.
Attractions in Serengeti national park include the following;
- Wildlife species are among the unique attractions which tourists are interested in seeing during their safaris to Serengeti national park. the wide range of game viewing activities within the national park makes it possible for this experience as tourists explores the open savannah plains of the national park. These wildlife species include the much sort after big five animals such as the lions, leopards, buffalos, rhinos, and elephants. Other wildlife species that can be seen in the national park include giraffes, hippos, wildebeest, hyenas, zebras, antelopes among others. Seeing the wildlife species is at its best during the dry season when they gather around water points found in the national park to drink.
- The wildebeest migration is a natural wonder which takes place between Serengeti national park in Tanzania and Masai Mara national reserve in Kenya as thousands of wildebeest migrate in search of water and greener pastures. This migration takes place annually in different parts of the national parks and is a spectacular event as the wildebeests can be seen spread out across the open plains of the reserve. Predators such as lions can also be seen around the grazing areas of the wildebeest as they wait to attack the unknowing prey, especially during the calving season. The best time to see the wildebeest migration in this national park is during the months of June to October which is the dry season.
- Kopjes are granite outcrops that can be seen standing out from the rest of the open plains in the national park. these kopjes include the Maasai kopjes, Moru kopjes, Simba kopjes among others. they act as lookout points for predators such as lions which can be seen sitting at the top of these rocks while observing their prey grazing in the distant savannah plains.
- Maasai people have a unique culture that attracts many people to interact with them and get to know about their way of life. The Maasai people are also known for their nomadic way of life and dependence on livestock such as cows, goats, and sheep. They also have beautiful arts and crafts such as beaded necklaces, earrings, and bracelets made in unique colors and patterns. The way of dressing of the Maasai is another unique aspect of this group of people such as the “shukas” which are worn by the men. These activities can be experienced during visits to the Maasai villages in the surrounding area of the national park.
- The retina hippo pool is a pool where many hippos can be seen swimming. This pool is found at a point where the seronera river meets the orange river. A visit to this hippo pool is worthwhile as the hippos can be seen from a close and safe distance where a picnic spot is also located.
- The Grumeti river is an attraction in Serengeti national park which is also a crossing point during the wildebeest migration. A visit to this river gives chance to witness as the wildebeest struggle to cross the river as crocodiles wait to feast on them.
- Seronera river valley is an attraction in the central part of Serengeti national park and is known for the amazing wildlife viewing experiences it offers. Wildlife species which can be seen in this part of the national park include lions which can be seen on the kopjes, elephants, hippos, crocodiles, buffalos, impalas, topis, jackals, leopards, elephants among others.
Visit Serengeti national park and experience amazing wildlife viewing as you explore the open savannah plains.