6 Days Tanzania Safari Tour
Highlights of the 6 Days Tanzania Safari Tour
- Day 1: Arusha to Lake Manyara/Nature walk
- Day 2: Ngorongoro Crater and transfer to Serengeti national park
- Day 3: Full day in Serengeti National park
- Day 4: Full day in Serengeti national park
- Day 5: Transfer from Serengeti to Karatu
- Day 6: Transfer to Tarangire national park and Departure
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Arusha to Lake Manyara/Nature walk
- Arrival: You will be met by your guide who will welcome you and brief you about your safari.
- Game Drive in Lake Manyara: After the briefing, you will proceed to Lake Manyara national park for a game drive where you will see a variety of wildlife species such as monkeys, giraffes, elephants, impalas, dik-dik as well as flamingoes in Lake Manyara. During the game viewing experience, you will also enjoy the beautiful scenery which has dense forest and you will get to see the rare tree-climbing lions as well as trees such as acacia trees and baobabs.
- Check-in Hotel: After your game drive, you will continue to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Hhando coffee Lodge.
Day 2: Ngorongoro Crater and transfer to Serengeti national park
- Transfer to Ngorongoro: After an early breakfast, you will proceed to the Ngorongoro crater for another wildlife viewing experience. On arrival at the Ngorongoro conservation area, you will proceed to descend into the crater with your packed lunches. You will see more wildlife species as you explore the crater area such as the big five which includes lions, leopards, elephants, buffalos, and rhinos as well as other wildlife species such as hyenas, jackals, hippos, zebras, herds of wildebeests.
- Transfer to Serengeti: You will proceed to Serengeti national park where you will spend the rest of the evening at your lodge for dinner and overnight as you enjoy the beauty of nature around you at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Tented Camp.
Day 3: Full day in Serengeti National park
- Full-Day Serengeti: You will have an early breakfast at your lodge as you prepare for your game viewing experience the whole day. You will see a variety of wildlife species during your morning game drive since they are more active at this time of the day such as prides of lions, cheetahs, leopards, elephants, giraffes, hippos, impalas, dik-dik, monkeys, baboons, gazelles, warthogs and many more. You will have a short lunch break ahead of your afternoon game drive. After your afternoon game viewing experience in the open savannah plains of Serengeti national park, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Tented Camp.
Day 4: Full day in Serengeti national park
- Full-Day Serengeti: You will have an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will have a wildlife viewing experience along the Sogore River Circuit, which loops into the plains south of the Seronera River where you will see wildlife species such as Lion, Thomson gazelle, topi, ostrich and cheetah. You will also visit the Visitor Centre which is found close to the Serengeti Seronera Lodge and public campsites after the morning game drive. At the visitor center, you will see much different local art and craftwork. You will also have a lunch break at the center in the shade of the giant acacia trees. Later in the afternoon, you will follow the Kopjes Circuit, which goes anti-clockwise around the Maasai Kopjes, which usually attracts a number of lion and some formidably large cobras. Kopjes are weathered granite outcrops, scattered around the plains, most of which are miniature ecosystems, providing shade and drinking water in pools left in the rock after the rains. After touring the kopjes, you will proceed to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Serengeti Heritage Luxury Tented Camp.
Day 5: Transfer from Serengeti to Karatu
- Transfer to Karatu: After breakfast, you will have a morning game drive in Serengeti national park as you exit the national park. You will have a stopover in karatu to interact with the local community and experience their way of life such as seeing local arts and crafts such as beaded jewelry, learning about their traditional way of dressing, visiting the local “manyattas” which are the Maasai homesteads, watching cultural dance performances among other experiences. You will proceed to your lodge for a relaxing evening and dinner and overnight at Eileen’s tree inn.
Day 6: Transfer to Tarangire national park and Departure
- Transfer to Tarangire: After early breakfast at your lodge in karatu, you will drive to Tarangire national park for a game drive where you will see a large concentration of elephants which are often seen bathing in the Tarangire river, lots of giraffes, monkeys, impalas, lions, leopards, and many birds. After your game viewing experience, you will drive to Arusha where your guide will drop you off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your safari.
End of the 6 Days Tanzania Safari Tour
See also: 6 Days Tanzania wildlife safari