Nyerere National Park fees and park rules are some of the important aspects to consider while planning your ultimate Tanzania safari tour in Nyerere National Park. Selous Game Reserve now known as Nyerere National Park is a beautiful Tanzania safari destination that shall captivate you and fulfil all your Tanzania safari dreams.
Located in the southern part of Tanzania, Nyerere National Park is a beautiful Tanzania safari destination that has you exploring the different attractions in the park, including animals in Nyerere National park, lakes and rivers, birds and so much more that the park has to offer.
To enjoy the different attractions and activities in Nyerere National Park, one has to pay park fees. Nyerere National Park fees include park entrance fees, concession fees as well as special activity fees like walking safaris.
Nyerere National Park fees are charged categorically, basing on age, and resident status. Nyerere National Park fees are based on age that persons 16 years and above are considered adults, persons aged between 6 years and 15 years are categorised as children while persons below 5 years are infants and thus do not pay any park fees.
Nyerere National Park fees also consider resident status that is foreign non-residents, foreign residents and East Africa Community Citizens.
Below are the 2022 to June 2023 Nyerere National park fees to consider as you plan your Nyerere National Park safari. Important to note is that the rates are excluding 18% VAT which should be calculated and included.
Nyerere National Park Entrance Fees
- Adult foreign non-residents pay 70$ per person per day, while children pay 20$ per person per day
- Adult foreign residents pay 35$ per person per day while children pay 10$ per person per day
- Adult East African Community Citizens pay 10,000Tsh per person per day while children pay 2,000Tsh per day.
Nyerere National Park Fees (Concession)
Nyerere National Park concession fees are fees that are to be paid by persons that spend the night in hotels and lodges inside the park.
- Adult foreign non-residents pay 60$ per person per night while children pay 10$ per person per night.
- Adult foreign residents pay 60$ per person per night while children pay 10$ per person per night as well.
- Adult East African Community citizens pay 30,000Tsh per person per night while children pay 10,000Tsh per child per night.
How to Pay Nyerere National Park Fees
Nyerere National Park fees are paid electronically at the entrance gates using Visa and MasterCard, and can also be paid by bank.
As you enjoy your Nyerere National Park safaris, there are a number of Nyerere National Park rules and regulations that are worth knowing least you got into trouble along the way. Below are the different Nyerere National Park rules;
- Nyerere National Park is open from 6am to 6pm daily and at only these times are persons allowed to move in the park.
- A speed limit of 50km per hour is to be observed while in Nyerere National Park, formerly known as Selous Game Reserve.
- Animals in Nyerere National Park have a right of way, always.
- Do not feed animals in the park as this would distort their diet and create human-dependence
- Do not drive off-track while in the park unless given express permission
- Camping and picnicking is allowed in designated areas only in the park
- Do not pick, cut or destroy any vegetation or biological artefacts from the park, including among others eggs, bones.
- Do not make noise in the park
- Do not litter in the park
- Do not smoke in the park. Properly dispose of your cigarette butts after use in designated areas at your lodge or camp of stay.
- Do not light or cause a fire to be lit in the park. while camping, be sure to extinguish fire correctly and completely
- Maintain a distance of at least 25 meters way from the animals.
- Do not move outside your safari vehicle unless in designated areas
- Pets are not allowed in the park. Nyerere National Park is a wildlife park and should be kept as such
- Drones are not allowed in the park
With the above Nyerere National Park fees and park rules, you sure are ready for your Nyerere National Park safari. Get in touch with a reputable tour operator to help you pitch an amazing Tanzania safari tour any time of the year.